October 6, 2017
Due to the heavy rainfall of the past few days, the gravel roads have been damaged all over Latvia and Rally Liepāja stage distance has been shortened. Some access roads to spectator areas have also been changed. This decision was made in order to provide a safe running of the event and not damage the region’s roads, as they are used daily by the locals.
Rally Liepāja changes:
- Historic Rally Liepāja regularity rally, planned to take place on Saturday, has been cancelled.
- The finish of SS2 LDz Cargo 1 (Laidi) has been moved, shortening the stage length to 14.19 km.
- The finish of SS5 LDz Cargo 2 (Laidi) has been moved, shortening the stage length to 13.50 km.
- Access to the SS9 Canon Biznesa Centrs – IB Serviss 1 (Podnieki) spectator area will only be possible before the stage is closed.
- The start of SS10/13 Neste (Vecpils) has been moved, shortening the stage length to 15.07 km. Access to spectator area #2 will only be possible through Rokasbirze.
- Access to the SS12 Canon Biznesa Centrs – IB Serviss 2 (Podnieki) spectator area will only be possible before the stage is closed.
[DOWNLOAD HERE] THE UPDATED SPECTATORS' GUIDE!
We would like to remind you that, for the fifth year in a row, Liepāja and its nearby Durbe, Aizpute and Priekule regions are hosting FIA European Rally Championship round Rally Liepāja, with the ceremonial start having taken place on Friday evening in Liepāja, next to the Great Amber concert hall. This year, Rally Liepāja is the final round of the FIA European Rally Championship, with all the champions being determined right here in Latvia.
FIA European Rally Championship round Rally Liepāja is possible thanks to the support of the Latvian government and the rally city of Liepāja. We would also like to thank our sponsors Neste and Optibet Sporta Bārs, and our partner LDz Cargo. Thanks to the provider of official cars Autobrava, as well as supporters Baltijas Helikopters, Castrol, Canon ibServiss Rīga, Liepājas Olimpiskais Centrs, Liepājas SEZ, NPK Expert, Ramirent, and SweCon. Informative support is provided by news portal DELFI, rally radio Kurzemes Radio, as well as Go4Speed and Zebra. Rally Liepāja would also not be possible without our rally friends: Dardedze, Esi Draugs, FN Serviss, Jānis Pūce, Liepājas Datoru Centrs, Maksikoms, N&J, Red Bull, SidusNet, SignTech, Sixt, Sportland, Törley, and Venden. A special thank you goes out to the Latvian Automobile Federation. Rally Liepāja is organized by RA EVENTS and Speed Festival Kurzeme, with support by the regional councils of Durbe, Aizpute, and Priekule.